Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

How to accidentally party - Part 2

Here's a clip of my dad and others singing this rubbish song that only people from India probably sing. It's hilarious because not only does it make no sense to me; I have only ever heard drunk people sing it... This is also my attempt to create a caricature of my Dad. Strangely accurate I would say...

But ofcourse, google proved me wrong. It's a very popular song where my parents grew up. It is a combination of a 1926 folk song called "meet me tonight in the moonlight" modified with Madras/Chennai language and slang.
Chorus:
Meet me tonight in the moonlight
Darling, meet me tonight all alone;
For I have a story to tell you
A story thats never been told.
VERSE I
Once a Papa met a Mama
Under a Banyan Tree
Said the Papa to the Mama
“Will ya marry me?”
VERSE IICourt court court court my darling
court is not a joke
If you want to marry me darling
come to the tennis court

See.. it makes no sense. The other verses (that are in Tamil) don't make sense either.

No comments:

Post a Comment