Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How to live on coffee and cigarettes.


If you don't live in New York City or Paris - living on coffee and cigarettes is kind of lame. Especially in Dubai, where desert-like conditions make drinking hot beverages and standing outside for over 2 minutes unbearable. So, why is it that Arab culture calls for this lifestyle?

It's all in the packaging! Atleast in Dubai - where your cigarettes come without the disgusting warning labels and sheesha/hookah is all over the marina or on gorgeous rooftops around the city. I don't smoke cigarettes and I don't smoke sheesha often, but I have to admit - they make it look GOOD!

However, I do give into caffeine more often than not. I usually have my regular cup of Americano everyday. But being a sucker for cute packaging, I just had to try this amazing/authentic turkish coffee! Tiniest serving size, but SO strong and SO yum!
Turkish coffee is coffee prepared by boiling finely powdered roast coffee beans in a pot (cezve), possibly with sugar, and serving it into a cup, where the dregs settle. The name describes the method of preparation, not the raw material; there is no special Turkish variety of the coffee bean. It is common throughout the Middle East, North Africa, Caucasus, and the Balkans, and in their expatriate communities and restaurants in the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment