Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

How to move. again.

The Family is moving, again! And for once its in the same area. In fact, it's from the 8th floor to the 7th floor- barely enough to be called a "move". But yet, it's the same process all over again...

When I was younger (under 13) I always told my parents that when I grow up I will never..NEVER move and i'm sure I was just as dramatic about it too. Ofcourse, that's really not how life's panned out for me so far considering i've moved homes eleven times in the past 21 years (see below). I feel blessed and sometimes even superior to others (not gonna lie) because of my experiences, but it's also made me dysfunctional in a lot of ways. No, I am not gonna self-diagnose myself on my blog - I'm sure my family, friends and Nissy(especially) can vouch for that statement.

Anyways- Moral of the Story: 

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.”-RW.Emerson


There's just no winning. This time I'm just going to quit the whining, pick my new room's colours, and lift boxes with a smile on my face. And don't worry, I'll post pics! #IamPopular

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never really sat down and thought about how many times I've moved in my life. It's always felt like one too many and here's my timeline to prove it (with wiki links for the more peculiar places):

House #AgePlace
1(0-1)Bangalore, India
2(1-3)Chennai/Madras,, India
3(4-5)Umm-al-Quwain,, UAE
4(5-6)Umm-al-Quwain, UAE
5(6-7)Umm-al-Quwain, UAE
6(7-10)Abu Dhabi, UAE
7(11-15)Scarborough, Canada
8(15-17)Ajax, Canada
9(18-19)Hamilton, Canada
10(19-21)Hamilton, Canada
11(21-now)Dubai, UAE




1 comment:

  1. Chennai/Madras, is peculiar? I'm little bit offended by the wording of this post. ;) Hope you're doing well SharOn! Also ! Are you on top of Google Analytics? Get on it!!

    ReplyDelete