Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

how to be awkward

Let's begin with some uncomfortable situations.

Part 1 - A few days ago I wake up and I see a MAN in my room. I definitely twitched/flinched/jumped under my covers and possibly yelped a little (not gonna lie). I peered out more carefully at the blue jumpsuit and it was the building's maintenence and cleaning crew fixing a pull-up bar in the doorway to my brother's washroom..random. We were both uncomfortable. Thanks for the warning family... "But Chinky, we tried to tell you". LIARS. Good morning.

Part 2 - This afternoon, I came back from a swim and was heading for a shower. To have a hot shower or any hot water in the washroom there's a switch beside the regular light switches that needs to be turned on. This might be a weird concept for most people, but anyone who has been to India/Dubai know what i'm saying (looking at u SharynG). Anyways, I decide to turn on the water heater and give it some time to heat up... meanwhile, I take my shirt off and sit at my desktop with my bathing suit on. I hear someone going to the washroom which is in direct view of me. Oh hello maintenence/cleaning man who's name I dont know. He was SO awkward about it and I just.. put my shirt back on and made no eye contact for the rest of his time here. He took special effort to avoid me.

I'm sure I have a great reputation amongst the maintenence crew now.


1 comment: